CIAO

Sunday, May 2, 2010

Sunshine Smoothie!


3/4 c. milk

1 small container vanilla yogurt (or however much you want)


1 c. frozen raspberries or blackberries


6 strawberries

(1 banana-optional)-may need to add more milk if you add more ingredients


1/4 c. sugar-more or less to taste


Add all in blender and blend!

Who doesn't crave a delicious smoothie every now and then? O.K. I always crave smoothies. The problem is every time I go to make one I never have the stuff. Then when I finally do get the ingredients my smoothies always turn out funky. I like my smoothies really thick and very cold, but they always end up warm and melted. So I decided that I was going to find a smoothie recipe that worked for me and I could actually make. After going through a few recipes I stumbled across this one, and found that it worked perfectly for me!


Berry Yummy Ingredients
Since I never seem to have the ingredients I need for my smoothies and fruit goes bad so fast, I decided to get frozen fruit. I got frozen strawberries and frozen raspberries. Luckily I already knew where to find the frozen fruit thanks to my strawberry cake. The frozen fruit also helped with making the smoothie stay cold. I went ahead and got a tub of vanilla yogurt because I knew I would want mine really thick. I already had milk, and I had sugar from the broccoli salad. I got a banana but I ended up not using it because it tasted so good just with raspberries and strawberries.

Blending Up Sunshine!
Making a smoothie was probably the easiest of all the recipes, but the most useful to me in my college life. The ingredients are things I can keep around if I get frozen fruits, and it is something I usually crave. I started off by putting the 3/4 c. of milk
at the bottom of the blender. Always start with the milk at the bottom so when you turn on the blender it is easier for the blender to mix. Then I added 2 c. of yogurt to the blender, which would be more than one container because I like mine thick. After that, I added the entire 10 oz. of frozen strawberries, and about half the bag of frozen raspberries. This was the perfect amount of fruit. Since the strawberries were sweetened I only added half the amount of sugar the recipe calls for. Then I blended! I was shocked when my first sip tasted so delicious. I had to split it up into tiny portions and make everyone in the room try a little. It got rave reviews. This smoothie recipe will definitely be a keeper!


No comments:

Post a Comment